Sunday 1 January 2012

A sum up of the week and a look ahead to 2012

Well considering all the festive fun I am pleased that the training has been completed as planned, although I did end up going over a bit. A total of 2.5 hr swim, 3.25 hr bike and 3 hr run, 8 hour 45 mins for the week (the plan was 7.5 hours). This was mostly due to me be on holiday and having a bit more time available together with a desire to burn off some of the thousands of calories I have consumed over the last fortnight. To be honest I have actually managed to remain about my pre-Christmas weight of just under 12 stone, which is quite pleasing.

As for the training plan, it is going OK, however I am worried that I stray too easily away from the schedule. In theory, last week should have been a recovery period but I ended up doing more than in previous weeks, albeit that it was all relatively easy zone 1-2 work. My mind is pretty made up in that I will employ the services of our Tri Club Coach to keep me on the right path, at least for the next few months. It is a relatively small investment to make but I now doubt that I will be able to improve my performance unless I obtain some professional help in the lead up to Ironman Austria. I also think I will learn a lot from the whole experience, which is something I certainly will get a buzz from.

With the New Year in mind I have some ideas for future posts, i.e.

- Cyclefit experience
- VO2 testing
- Charity work
- Recommended training books
- Tri kit
- 'B' races for 2012 ('A' race being IM Austria)
- Weight and diet

No comments:

Post a Comment