Thursday 5 January 2012

Because.... I will be an Ironman

So since the turbo session on Tuesday evening I have completed an hour run along Brighton seafront (yesterday morning), had a gruelling swim session (1.5 hours last night) and cycled into work this morning - all to plan!

I must agree there have been a couple of times when I have thought - Why? But then I remember the words - Because... I will be an Ironman.

For those who haven't seen this You Tube video I thoroughly recommend it - very funny

You Tube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B03dFMG8nR4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

One last observation before I sign off and get on with some work: Last night's swim was hard (lots of timed intervals over 50m, 75m and 100m with very little rest) with the Coach shouting at me to increase the arm cadence and go harder. On a previous post I highlighted that too many of my training sessions are within a narrow comfortable intensity range. I still need to practice going very hard and very easy. I expect there will be a lot more of this once I get some professional coaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment