Thursday 19 January 2012

Windy conditions for the early morning run







A 6:45am start at Brighton Marina and I headed out on my easy morning run (planned 1 hour 15 mins at Z2). The conditions were very windy and the waves were crashing over the top of the undercliff walkway that I ran along. I was lucky not to get completely soaked by the sea water and managed to escape with some slightly wet trainers and a bit of sea spray in the face.

I ran from the Marina to Saltdean - about 4km in distance. Then I headed up into Saltdean doing a loop to take in the old Butlins Hotel - now The Grand Ocean complex (top left) and Saltdean Lido (top right) - I have a bit of a love for Art Deco buildings.

Then it was back via the top of the cliffs (very, very windy - against the wind - pace dropped from 5:30min/km to 6min/km). Stopped to take a picture of some mad surfers (centre).

In total a 11.5km run in 1 hours 10 mins banked. A quick drive to the office, shower, breakfast and at my desk by around 8:45am. If all goes to plan will try to get a 1 hour brick session sometime this evening. Then another similar distance run scheduled for tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment