Tuesday 3 January 2012

The good old turbo to the rescue!

I received a message that the Coach was ill and the track session was cancelled. Given the nasty weather conditions I headed for the garage to hit the turbo trainer.

On went 'The Hunted' video (downloaded to my iPad) - details can be found on

http://www.thesufferfest.com

The plan was to ride for 45 mins with an average cadence at 100 RPM. To make the session a little less boring I decided to mix some high cadence sets with some recovery periods riding my fixed speed bike (i.e. the intensity was increased by change in cadence / speed and not using gearing). My turbo trainer (Tacx Flow) gives me all kind of data - for the 45 mins I averaged 200 watts of power (max 280), cadence of 98 (max 128), and speed 29.8km/h (max 40.4km/h) all at the top of zone 2 (around 140-5 beats per minute).

Tomorrow morning I will run - whatever the weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment