Thursday 12 January 2012

The benefits of the foam roller


I attended a 'Foam Roller Masterclass' yesterday evening, which was part of a Christmas present together with the 'Grid' roller (as pictured).

I have been most impressed with this most simplest bit of fitness equipment, which is both effective and quite enjoyable to use.

Since receiving the 'Grid' I have tried to use it every day from anything from 2 to 15 minutes. Mostly at night before bed (just simply making it a habit) but increasingly as a way of stretching the muscles and a little bit of self-massage after a workout.

I recommend you take a look at You Tube or simply Google 'foam roller exercises' to see how simple the activity is. When I cycled the 'London 2 Paris' event last year the foam roller was also used by most of the professional fitness experts there - give it a try!

Given I have one or two friends that provide sports massage I should just add that if you can afford regular sessions you are going to get the best results from going down the professional route, however regular and correct use of the foam roller should help.

No comments:

Post a Comment