Monday 30 January 2012

All the fours - Droopy Drawers

Made it to 44 and took a day off work and training to spend some time with the family.

Received a great birthday present - Garmin FR60 HRM watch and foot pod. I already have a Forerunner 305 but it is a bit bulky and does take a while to pick up the satellites for the GPS to function. This new watch is less sophisticated but can be used in the pool and in my Ironman race. I can get speed and distance from the foot pod and the bike mount. Data is also transferred much easily via ANT+.

I ended last week with a 2 hour off-road run so my legs are still a little sore. For that reason I am going to skip the track running session tomorrow evening and opt for some time on the bike. To try and get the mileage in I have dusted down the carbon stallion and intend to cycle via Ditchling and up the Beacon tomorrow morning. This will take close on 2 hours but the hills are good training. My commute home will be along the easier and shorter coast road (another 1 hour).

Wednesday will probably consist of an easy morning run and the normal weekly Club swimming session. Thursday has to be a complete rest day as my testing is scheduled for Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment