Wednesday 1 February 2012

Very chilly training conditions

The good news is there no ice but the bad news it has got a little chilly over the last few days.

My fingers were completely numb from the cold for most of my commute home last night. Note to myself - wear my thinner running gloves under my thicker cycyling gloves on those cold days.

This morning I did venture out but decided on a shorter interval session rather than a longer easy pace run - simply to keep warm. I fired up the new Garmin FR60 watch and set the interval program for Warm up - 6x (1min fast; 2 min recovery) - Cool down. Job done, back to the office for hot shower.

If the temperature drops further I expect I will be doing more of my training on the turbo in the garage. I am looking into to borrowing a treadmill, which will also help with training in cold conditions. However, I would prefer not to go to the expense of joining a gym.

Let's hope for slightly warmer conditions - at least it is getting lighter in the mornings.

Club swim tonight and then a day's rest planned for Thursday. Happy training x

No comments:

Post a Comment