Sunday 26 February 2012

A long ride with plenty of hills - good end to a long training week

Legs are burning a bit. 4 hour ride this morning with the boys with plenty of hills followed by a 20 min run around the village. Made every effort to keep in Z2 on the flat and Z3-4 on the hills but as quite a fast group was more like Z3 on the flat and Z4-5 in the hills. If you average out all the HR fluctuations I ended up with an average of 2.4 - not too bad. The distance was over 100km - details / map / all stats can be found on the link below.

All good stuff but how I am going to do 180km and then a full marathon afterwards? - that's Ironman for you!

Thanks to the Club members (all stronger cyclists than me) for allowing me to draft off them (that's when I could get onto their back wheel).

Total for the week 14 hours 15 mins.

Wonder what the Coach has planned for me next week!

Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment