Thursday 23 February 2012

Mid week update

Despite the increased training volume this week I am feeling OK and have not missed any key sessions. The weekend is going to be a bit of a test with a total of 6 hours 50 mins scheduled.

I have now set up a treadmill in the garage (borrowed from a family member who was quite glad to see the back of it). With my turbo trainer and weight bench the garage is looking more like a gym everyday.

My children are even getting the bug and jumping on the treadmill and doing 10-20 min run sessions - lovely to see - hopefully my relatively recent love for fitness is rubbing off on them. Although when we are all training together I have to put up with their funky tunes, no Michael Buble or Will Young!

Had to get up at 5am this morning to fly to Glasgow so unable to complete 20min morning strength session (deferred to Friday). Arrived back home at 9:30pm and despite a slight lack of enthusiasm jumped on the turbo for a 55min spin / squat (off the bike) session. Unable to get my HR up to Z5 on hard sets as instructed (max Z4 tonight). Main set tomorrow is a swim (number 3 of 4 this week).

No comments:

Post a Comment