Friday 27 January 2012

Progress for the week - so far

A quick update - so far so good this week.

The return bike commute on Tuesday was no problem. Wednesday started with an early morning hour run along Brighton seafront - mostly easy pace, however I picked it up for about 2km - 11km in total. The 1.5 hour Club swim that evening was certainly better than last week - hand entry is improving.

Finally introduced a brick session back into the training (missed a few sessions over previous weeks). I started on the turbo, which after the warm up included some high cadence, increasing power sets together with some drills (one leg spins) in between. Then straight off the bike and on with my trainers for 2 laps (15 mins) of the village.

Today I was in the local pool in Brighton for an hour swim broken down as follows:

Warm up (300m): easy FC
Build (700m):
50m C/UP; 50m FC
50m C/UP; 100m FC
50m C/UP; 150m FC
50m C/UP; 200m FC
Main (600m):
6x 100m (increasing speed per 25m) Easy - Steady - Race Pace - Fast FC
4x 25m sprint FC
Cool down (400m): easy FC / BST

[FC - front crawl; C/UP - catch up; BST - breast stroke]

The swim session came out of the Coach's new swimming manual, although was slightly adapted for the time I had available. Details of the book can be found via the following link:

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/2536362

I went for the iPad version - good value!


Tomorrow morning it's back on the turbo for an hour session before going off to rugby with my son at the Harlequins ' ground. Sunday it is a longer run (possibly off-road) - need to get in at least 2 hours.

Next week may be a little different because I need to incorporate my Vo2 / lactate test, which should help to determine my zones and ultimately a revised plan going forward - all exciting stuff - more on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment