Wednesday 18 January 2012

Swimming technique needs some work

Just returned from the Club swim, which to be honest, since probably around Christmas time, I have been struggling with.

Some background:

I had a pair of rubber buoyancy shorts (bit of a Club joke) that I liked swimming in mainly because they simply helped me raise my backside a little which in turn kept my head lower and generally in a better position. As I improved I managed to move up a couple of lanes and my confidence was also lifted. Actually I really recommend the shorts (Foor Pb4), which can be purchased on Tri UK (http://www.triuk.com/products/foor/foor-pb4-swim-short) for around £25 (currently discounted).

I decided this year to ditch the rubber shorts in favour of the standard speedos (long version) just because I didn't wish to get too reliant on them. Since then I also think that I have got into some bad habits, mostly in respect of hand entry, which the Coach has asked me to work on. In addition I know my arm cadence is not fast enough and my kick is too weak - doesn't sound good does it! I think that knowing I have to improve all of these factors has knocked my confidence in the pool and I need to get back to focusing on my technique before I think about speed and endurance in the water.

I expect adding a third swim a week in to my schedule will help - something to discuss with the Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment