Saturday 16 June 2012

Supporting L2P 2012 - needing some lycra

On Wednesday I travelled up to London to the Brewin Dolphin Head Office with a number of clients to support the 'London 2 Paris 2012' Charity ride in aid of Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research. A well organised event with plenty of quality raffle prizes and auction items to help raise money for a great cause.

It was great to catch up with Geoff Thomas once again who I have got to know well over the last year and is such an inspiration. I will miss competing in the event this year (the timing being simply too close to my Ironman challenge) however I wish Geoff and all the Brewin Dolphin riders all the very best of luck. I hope to get involved in 2013.

Thanks to Dan, David B, Ian, Dominic, David M and Graeme for their support. Dan was best on the 'Wattbike' test, I wish him well as he gears us for his first triathlon season; Ian was instrumental in getting a Team GB cycle jersey signed by Ali & Jonny Brownlee, which was won by a very pleased and lucky Graeme (he also scooped a cricket bat signed by all the Sussex team).

We all send our best wishes to Alistair and Jonny Brownlee for the Olympics - the country is behind you boys.

A couple of pictures of me (below) making a fool of myself on the 'Wattbike' - thanks Sasha! Very hard to pedal in city shoes and I was definitely in need of some lycra. The first picture is Graeme and I going head to head and the second is Geoff with me - he is probably having a laugh about my performance.

Well done Brewin Dolphin for raising such an amazing amount for the Charity - I think the total was in excess of £35K and still rising!





No comments:

Post a Comment