Wednesday 20 June 2012

Next on the list - River Arun 3.8km swim

Had a decent swim at the Club last night – after the warm up Coach MT instructed us to complete 9x 200m sets alternating between 4x 50m fast (one set of 200m) with 5 secs rest between the 50s and 20 secs after the fourth 50 (i.e. 200m) then 200m at race pace. I was swimming with a number of faster guys and think I was slightly above race pace for the 200m sets, however I was making every effort to get on the feet of the swimmer in front of me so I could benefit from the drafting.

Drafting on the swim is going to be key for the Ironman event and I will also get a chance to practice it on Saturday afternoon as I have entered the River Arun 3.8km swim, organised by Raw Energy Pursuits:

http://www.rawenergypursuits.co.uk/events/river-arun-ironman-swim/

Coach MT did ask how many of the Club had entered the Ironman swim and for those that put their hands up (including me) were rewarded with a cool down after the main 200m sets and the luxury of hitting the showers 20 mins earlier than normal.

Don’t want to push it too much during taper week!

No comments:

Post a Comment