Wednesday 20 June 2012

10 days and counting - received my race number

So 10 days and counting...

Final plans are being prepared. A lot more e-mails from all the guys from the Club about the arrangements for the coming days.

I also received my race number from the organisers - 1846 - a mix of fear and excitement is in the air!

I am getting a bit of decent coverage with the local press who have kindly been interested in the challenge and most importantly the Charity I am supporting - Chestnut Tree House. All good stuff.

Quick update on the week so far and details for the coming days:

Mon - 0:30 lake swim
Tue - 2:00 cycle commute to work. Easy interval session in morning and easy spin for return (no more than Z3)
Wed - 0:45 run. After warm up, 3x 1:00, 1x 3:00, 2x 2:00, 3x 1:00 at harder than race pace with 1:00 recovery between each set; 1:30 Club swim
Thu - 1:00 recovery spin
Fri - work on race plan - no training
Sat - 3.8km river Arun swim + 0:30 easy run
Sun - 2:30 bike - no higher than Z3

As previously highlighted this is all supposed to be relatively easy with a few short intense sets included for good measure. The goal for every session is to finish feeling I have more to give.

As the training has dropped over the last few days I have also been able to incorporate more family time back in the calendar. Last week I went to my daughter's school to view her GCSE artwork - I believe the theme was on 'movement' so I was honoured to model for her on my bike. She came up with a great final piece (pictured below) and I am very proud of her.



Last night my eldest son kindly got us some theatre tickets for a show down at Chichester - nice to spend an evening with the family rather than on the turbo in the 'Cave of Pain'.

I must also mention my Father's day present - I received a 'Recovery Box' of chamois cream, muscle soak, protein bars, recovery shakes, Deep Heat and Ice packs, sun-tan lotion etc. What a great present - thanks kids x

No comments:

Post a Comment