Tuesday 12 June 2012

A bit of everything

An interesting training day...

I was in the local pool this lunch time completing a good number of 200m sets as Coach MT instructed. During the recovery periods I introduced myself to one of the guys in the lane that had an Ironman tattoo on his shoulder.

The usual question was raised 'do you mind me asking what Ironman races you have completed'? He listed 5 including UK, Lanzarote and as luck would have it, Austria. He kindly gave me a few pointers about the course - all useful tips. During my swim he also highlighted a couple of ideas to improve my swim stroke - not drastic changes but some fine tuning that I may wish to consider in relation to how straight my arm was throughout the whole stroke. I did try a couple of 200m sets with a slightly bent arm and it did feel less fatigued afterwards. He turned out to be a local Coach in Brighton offering not only personal coaching and swim analysis but more interestingly group sea swim sessions and bike interval training at Preston Park. Contact details as follows:

Darren Connaghan - website: www.wearetri.co.uk

This evening it was in the 'Cave of Pain' or garage for a brick turbo / treadmill session.

I had to complete an hour basic interval set however decided to opt for a Spinervals workout (a similar session to the workout Coach MT had scheduled). This came with the advantage of watching Troy Jacobson (Spinervals Coach) on my iPad as I went through the various sets, a little more stimulating when you are stuck in the 'Cave of Pain' on a Tuesday evening.

Details on Spinervals products: www.spinervals.com

Anyway after an hour on the turbo, I jumped on the treadmill for an easy 20 mins run before a final 10 mins of weights - a little bit of everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment