Tuesday 5 June 2012

Out on the mountain bike

Had a day off training yesterday. There was a short optional recovery run and a swim listed in the schedule but I decided to spend the time with the family after the last pretty intense fortnight.

So the goal today is an easy 1:00 bike, some 200m run intervals and if all goes to plan a lake swim to make up for yesterday's missed session.

The day started with an easy bike, which I decided to do on the mountain bike - a part from a steep climb up onto the Downs I kept 80% of the session in zone 1 - nice and easy.

I love my mountain bike (a very nice Ellsworth Epiphany). After the Ironman event my plan is to get out on the mountain bike more often. I really enjoy being out on the South Downs and am even considering an off-road triathlon event in late August - details to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment