Wednesday 20 June 2012

A nice touch from the kids x

I am lucky enough to have my wife come out and support me at Ironman Austria but a little disappointed that we could not sort something out for the children (additional expense, pulling them out of school, overlap with other activities they do etc.). Fortunately one of our good friends is coming down to stay with them while we are away.

They wanted to record some messages for me to play on my iPod during the marathon section of the Ironman but as previously mentioned this is not allowed and if used is likely to cause disqualification. This did not deter them and last night they handed me these lovely bracelets.

The first is to wear during the run - It has the word 'Daddy' on it and 'MECA', which are the letters of all my children's names (eldest to youngest). A really lovely touch and something that is likely to give me mental strength when I hit the pain barrier on the run. I have been told that I am told to wear the second once I complete the event, hence the word 'Ironman'.

Thanks kids x

No comments:

Post a Comment