Monday 18 June 2012

Less is more

Looking back at my training last week it did definitely feel considerably easier. I was a little light on the volume although my Coach had put in a few optional sessions (listed in one of my previous blogs) and most were based on maximum times.

For the most part I got in a number of quality sessions but on each occasion finished with still some energy left in the tank.

My understanding was that in the taper week(s) - less is simply more!

I must keep this advice in mind, especially as one of my work colleagues just dropped out of the London 2 Paris charity ride this coming week and I have already been approached to step in. To be honest I would love to, however 520km of cycling a week before my 'A' race that I have been training for over the last 6 months may not be that sensible.

I have approx. 10 hours of training in the calendar for this week with no single session more than 2.5 hours (long weekend ride). Tonight is a swim. Given it is a very pleasant evening we plan to jump in the lake for a few laps.

More on the taper later in the week. Also working on a race plan and list of equipment to take to Austria. I think that if I can work on these now I will have less stress nearer the big day.

12 days and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment