Sunday 10 June 2012

Bike upgrade time!

Just made a few tweaks to my tri bike thanks to Matt and Upgrade Bikes. I have the opportunity to demo some very nice Reynolds Assault carbon wheels, which I am allowed to use during Ironman Austria - what a treat!

As part of the wheel upgrade I had to change the brake blocks to some special ones designed for carbon.

I also decided to add a couple of larger cogs to my rear Campagnolo cassette (23 & 25 teeth), which I managed to purchase off of eBay. It meant removing a couple of smaller cogs in the middle of the cassette but gives me a larger range, 11 to 25 teeth. These changes should help me on the big hill(s) that I understand is part of the bike course in Austria.

Fortunately I didn't have to change the length of the chain despite the slightly larger cogs. Once completed I took the 'Titanium Stallion' out for a little spin. A little fine adjusting of the gears required but not bad considering all the changes made.

Thanks again Matt and Upgrade - check them out on www.upgradebikes.co.uk

Other links:
Reynolds (UK) website: http://www.reynoldscomposites.co.uk/
Spin It Up - test ride program: http://www.reynoldscomposites.co.uk/ride.html

No comments:

Post a Comment