Tuesday 26 June 2012

A friendly sport. Getting ready.

Still taking it relatively easy. After my River Arun swim on Saturday I simply did a recovery run on Sunday morning - all below Z2. Yesterday (Monday) I got out the tri bike for the last time before Austria and commuted to work - mostly below Z2 again. On my return journey I was overtaken by a cyclist who seemed very friendly and asked where I was cycling to. We chatted briefly between a set of traffic lights and the subject of triathlon came up in conversation. When my new friend found out I was doing an Ironman in less than a week he insisted I draft behind him to save my legs - there are not many sports, when you would expect such friendly behaviour.

So after my commute yesterday the Tri Bike got a bit of a clean and put away until it goes in the van for the trip across the water on Wednesday.

This morning (Tuesday) was an easy 40 mins run along the seafront (to Brighton Marina and back to the office). The Coach has put in a small number of 30 min bike / swim / run sessions this week - all at relatively low intensity with very short bursts of speed - just to keep my body ticking over. However, there will be plenty of rest and time to get my mind totally in the zone before Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment