Thursday 28 June 2012

An epic journey

This is no reference to my journey over the last year. This post is about my epic journey over the last 36 hours.

From picking the van up on Wednesday afternoon to finally getting to Klagenfurt in Austria at 1am on Friday we have travelled just shy of 1,000 miles.

The first leg to Belgium was no problem and my Sister and family did a fantastic job of looking after us and packing us off in the morning with loads of food and drink for the journey.

The problems started with an hour delay getting around Brussels and then simply underestimating the time with the much needed stops to cover the distance in full. Chris has really been suffering - he picked up a cold a few days ago and today's journey took its toll. In addition to his sore throat, cough and sneezing his right eye is weaping and not looking good. I am hoping a good night's sleep and some Anadin Extra will do the trick.

Otherwise credit to him because despite feeling ill he still shared a lot of the driving.

The hotel looks nice and is in a great location. I have a double room with balcony and am keen to see the view tomorrow morning. It is very basic though, not what I would call 'luxury' but I am sure it will do fine.

All the rest of the party arrive tomorrow. Then it's off to registration and check out the Expo.

Time for sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment