Monday 14 May 2012

An odd kind of week ahead

I finished off the week with another lake swimming on Sunday – this time increasing the lengths up to six (approx. 1,500m). Not much warmer but nice to swim with more of my Horsham Amphibians Triathlon (HAT) buddies – there must have been at least 10 there yesterday.

Just completed an easy Z1-2 recovery run (only 30 mins) after the tough weekend of training. Tonight is back in the pool, the main set being a timed 1,500m continuous swim.

Thereafter it is a bit of an odd kind of week. The Coach has me down for a ‘Muscular Endurance’ session on the bike tomorrow – main set is 4x 10min in a big gear, which I might try and do during my morning commute. The return being an easy recovery ride.

I am not sure of how many of the sessions I will able to complete on Wed-Thu as I am off to Aberdeen for a Heads of Office event. I will take my trainers and running gear but the opportunity for quality training time will be limited. I should have access to a hotel gym (hopefully with spinning bikes) but certainly no pool. I return very early on Friday morning to try and get to my favourite corporate event of the year – a mountain bike day on the South Downs with a number of accountants, lawyers, corporate financiers – what I have to do for the sake of networking!

Then on Saturday I am joining a group of old school buddies for a Charity bike ride from Caterham in Surrey (where we went to school) to the New Forest – 150km in total. On Sunday we cycle another 45km from the New Forest to Poole before boarding a ferry to Guernsey. Full details can be found on our Charity Page – Ride for Rory:


This will be great training in terms of distance, however as it is a team event, the pace is likely to be at a leisurely pace to accommodate all the riders’ abilities, which I understand to be quite varied!

Next week should be back to normal – with only 47 days to go, I need to keep the momentum going.

No comments:

Post a Comment