Wednesday 30 May 2012

Exciting day - got tickets for the Men's Olympic Cycling Road Race event

At exactly 11am this morning myself and two other colleagues tried our very best to get hold of some Olympic tickets for the Men's Cycling Road Race on July 28th at Box Hill - I understand the riders have to complete 9 loops of Zig-Zag lane (Box Hill) as part of a much larger loop from London through Surrey.

It all started well with the website registering my request quite early and asking for payment details. However, my work colleagues had already got to this point and were kicked out - was I going to be lucky - No!

We persevered - keeping one eye on the stock market and the other on the countdown for another chance to register for the golden tickets, which had just been released. After 3 failed attempts I wasn't feeling very hopeful but suddenly one of the guys struck lucky and had his ticket purchase confirmed. That was followed by another - only me to succeed now.

Finally my perseverance paid off and I secured 2 tickets - very exciting!

I didn't realise but that weekend around Box Hill is going to be a 'Bike Mecca' - there are a number of festivals being laid on for the thousands of cyclists expected to descend on Dorking and the Box Hill area.

Full details can be found at the following link:

http://www.surreyhillsroadracefestival.com/

I believe the festival is open to all whether you have tickets for Zig-Zag lane or not.

It all worked out quite nicely because I could offer the other ticket to my training buddy, Chris (featured in my recent post) as it will be his 50th birthday that same week.

It is also something to look forward to post IM Austria and may help with any IM blues we may be having. Of course we plan to cycle to the event - any excuse to get back on those bikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment