Tuesday 29 May 2012

Need to take better care of myself

I need to take better care of myself...

Still trying to get rid of this awful flu - the worst part is the coughing in the evening and during the night, which is playing havoc with my sleeping. I am simply not getting enough hours - normally 6 hours is fine for me but more recently it has been more like 4-5 hours. In hindsight I supposed it would have been better to stop all training for a couple of days, dose up and try to get rid of the flu symptoms quickly.

I opted to train through it in hope that the odd Lemsip or two would do the trick - well it hasn't.

On top of the flu I stupidly did not apply enough sun tan lotion on my back when I ventured out in the tri suit at the weekend. I was warned! Thought I would be OK - another schoolboy error!

So now that is also effecting my sleep, waking me up if I turn over in the night onto the 'red bits'.

Oh well, these things happen - could be a lot worse.

Actually thinking about that point, Matt Ryley from the Club (featured in an earlier post), after breaking his neck in 2 places is now back in training and may even attempt some or all of the Ironman event in July - simply amazing - respect!

I suppose my dose of 'man flu', a bit of sunburn and a few lost hours on the pillow doesn't sound too bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment