Saturday 19 May 2012

Day 1 - Ride for Rory

Just chilling before bed. Completed 150km today on the bike with my old school buddies and in celebration of Rory.

Had a bit of a bad start - bike computer dead and had the wrong bag - too big to carry on the bike for Day 2 - I forgot to read the e-mail, schoolboy error!

Not to worry, soldiered on. Pretty easy going riding - mostly Z1-2 except on the hills.

One of the boys (Dave B) was really struggling on his horrible heavy Halfords bike so swapped him for my carbon beauty (£2K bike vs. £150). I ended riding his bike for probably 3 to 4 hours - not nice but I suppose good for training! Credit to Dave though - I would not like to commit to a 150 mile plus ride with the bike he has - respect!

Another 50km tomorrow but first sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment