Wednesday 23 May 2012

Less than 40 days - the week ahead

With less than 40 days to go to the big day I expect some serious training sessions ahead before the taper period.

Not a good start as still sufferring a little from a sore throat and bit of a cold but fortunately I feel better today than yesterday.

So after a day of rest I was back in the saddle today with a Zone 2/3 TT ride to work and return later this afternoon. If I am feeling up to it there is also the long club swim tonight (1:30).

In terms of the rest of the week:

Thu - 1:00 run at IM pace or quicker (min 10K in distance with warm-up / cool-down)
Fri - 1:00 Bike interval session + 0:40 strength
Sat - 1:00 Club Swim + 1:30 easy bike technique / skill focus
Sun - 5:00 Hilly ride + 0:20 transition run

So with my charity bike ride and this week's sessions the focus is very much on the bike. I expect that means running next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment