Monday 12 March 2012

Training log - update on progress

Last week was slightly different as it involved a number of test sessions to provide data for the Coach so he can continue to fine tune the program.

I was pleased with my swimming (4 in total last week). During the various sessions I completed a number of 100m sets and was getting down to a consistent 1:38-1:43 pace. My running test was a little 'null and void' because I completed it on a treadmill - not a great experience! In terms of cycling I managed a good amount of time in the aero position. I still need to tweak a few more things but I am getting there - a good balance between comfort and speed. Overall, the week included a much greater amount of zone 3 than previous weeks.

So next week's schedule has just been posted on 'Training Peaks' for my review. I have informed the Coach that my schedule potentially allows some more training time this week as I have a couple of days holiday (wife going skiing and I need to be around to look after the children and dogs). The Coach may come back to me adding a couple more sessions or increasing time for existing sessions. Alternatively he may simply instruct I complete the sessions as planned and take additional rest in between.

Some swimming and strength exercises tonight. Will try to post the full week's schedule as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment