Friday 16 March 2012

Long ride in Surrey Hills + short transition run: 5 hours in the bank

Garmin Connect - Details

As I had the day off as holiday I switched my long Sunday ride with today's scheduled shorter ride - got a bit told off by the Coach as he spends a lot of time putting together a suitable program to ensure I have the correct amount of rest between each session, however it did mean I got a decent long ride in the bank. For the last two Sunday's I have not been able to complete the full distance - family commitments!

Anyway today I headed for the hills with my training buddy (Chris) who also happened to have a day holiday and wanted to get in a long ride.

We kept mostly to Z2 but got up to Z5 on the big hills (3 in total). We stopped at the top of Box Hill (Olympic bike course) for a quick cuppa and then again shortly afterwards at Dauphin Cycles - to grab a couple of energy gels and look at all the 'bike bling'. 4.5 hours in total (107km) followed by a 20 min transition run to bring us in just under 5 hours - Magic!

Nearly 12.5 hours of training so far this week. Still have a Club swim tomorrow and 1.5 hour endurance run. On Sunday will try a slightly shorter ride of around 2.5 hours. Biggest week so far for the IM training.

No comments:

Post a Comment