Monday 5 March 2012

In a classroom learning about Tax but thinking about training

I am writing this blog during one of the breaks on the first day of a 3-day tax course in London - grim! It is slowly draining the life force from my body and all I can think of is that I have a 1,500m time trial in the pool tonight.

The commuting to London also takes it toll - I think I need a 'power nap' on the return journey back to Brighton - that's if I can get a seat on the train.

Last week ended a little off plan with me missing my long ride and transition run. I got up at 6am already to go but then saw the miserable weather. Not to worry I had the turbo / treadmill set up for such occasions. I don't normally mind training in the rain although it was particularly nasty.

It all started OK with 1:30 on the turbo with a good 30mins in the aero position. The plan was to do another 1 hour on the bike, 20 mins transition run (jump on treadmill) and 20 mins strength later in the day. Unfortunately the day did not work out exactly as planned and I skipped the final sets. Since then I have carrying quite a bit of guilt around with me - stupid really but it has had a negative effect. I am normally quite a positive person and hate the thought that I have let myself down.

Anyway, I now need to 'jump right back on the horse' and move on. This week is going to be a bit of a challenge because of the commuting and 3-day tax course in London, so I am going to have to be more innovative than normal.

The Coach wants to review my data in more detail this week so I have a number of test sessions to complete - no excuses - just get it done!

No comments:

Post a Comment