Thursday 22 March 2012

A decent high cadence run session

Simple session this morning.

Warm up: 10-15 mins

45 mins tempo run - ideally about 20bpm below my threshold rate (around 155-160bpm) keeping the legs turning over at a relatively high cadence - goal of 88spm

Cool down

I headed out to Brighton seafront (about 10 mins - warm up) and then ran to Hove lagoon and back (about 40-45 mins). The cool down was simply from the seafront back to the office.

The higher cadence sessions that my Coach has been encouraging me to complete in my training is beginning to change my running style. I am shortening my stride and picking up the pace. This morning it did feel I was running faster with less effort - there are a number of factors to consider, i.e. more recovery this week (less leg fatigue), nice morning - not too much wind (little more on the return leg), and good nutrition, however I really did feel an improvement - Yeh!

This weekend will be a good test as I have the same session but the Coach has increased the main tempo run from 45 mins to 1 hour (1.5 hours total set). Let's see how that goes?

No comments:

Post a Comment