Sunday 18 March 2012

Listen to your Coach!

After my long ride on Friday the Coach gently hinted that it might not have been the best move to switch my training around and I might struggle at the end of the week.

Saturday morning started with a swim and I felt pretty good, however thereafter it all went downhill - general body fatigue! I did manage to get in an 1:30 endurance run this morning but it was slow going. Little energy and tired legs. So the Coach was right...

I ended up completing 15 hours - still my highest volume week so far but if I had kept to the plan it might have been even higher.

My Coach has kindly adjusted my program for the coming week and has dropped the training to 8.5 hours (recovery week) with 2 full recovery days (unless I feel great and want to do some light training on my weaker discipline / sport). I might also think about a massage or even a 'flotation tank' session? Going forward I think I am going to pay a little more attention to carrying out the tailored plan as instructed.

If my body recovers as it should do I will be all the more stronger to complete the 13.5 hours schedule for the week after. IM Austria is getting closer.

Moral of the story... Listen to your Coach!

No comments:

Post a Comment