Monday 5 March 2012

'Back on that Horse' + book recommendation

As you may have gathered from my earlier blog today I was feeling a bit sorry for myself.

Now, I feel a lot better. I just jumped back on that horse and continued training. Tonight's test session was a relatively short warm up and build set followed by a 1,500m timed swim at steady effort (Ironman pace: 60-70%). I swam with my old training buddy, Chris (lane 1 swimmer), who was lapping me every 400-450m but on the whole I was pleased with my own performance. Not exactly fast at 26mins 58 secs but I believe I could have kept the pace going for 3.8km without too much trouble. That was actually the longest I have ever swam in a pool without stopping.

Tomorrow I need to get in a timed 10 mile run after I return from the second day of my tax course in London (groan!). Either I can do a number of laps around the village or possibly even complete on the treadmill.

The only advantage of today's commute was that I could get stuck into my new book - A Life Without Limits by the great Chrissie Wellington - a signed copy I managed to pick up at the Tri Show. So far an excellent read - it is hard to get the picture of her smiley face out of yor mind as you read the words - very inspirational!

No comments:

Post a Comment