Thursday 8 December 2011

Wrestling with the Black Stallion

I was looking forward to getting back on my new bike for the return commute home. What I wasn't ready for was such extreme weather conditions, probably the worst winds I have ever experienced whilst cycling.

I had to wrestle with the 'Black Stallion' just to stay upright, a number of times I was nearly blown into the middle of the road.

After about 15-20 minutes I gave up and called for rescue - I know, not really the Ironman way, however better to stay alive to ride another day.

So I rode another few miles and met up with my lovely wife he drove down to rescue me.

In total 1 hour and 40 minutes cycling for the day. This evening's ride home, despite being cut short, will certainly go down as strength training.

No comments:

Post a Comment