Tuesday 27 December 2011

And I'm back - a fantastic Christmas break

Christmas was amazing this year - a real family affair leaving me with very fond memories.

Of course there was quite a lot of indulgent behaviour with plenty of food and drink. Fortunately, although I return home a little heavier, not much damage was done and I even got a couple of training sessions in!

In the lead up to the big day I did miss a couple of shorter sessions - about hour on the bike and 15 mins run in total. Disappointing because it has been the only sessions that I have missed since starting the programme, although it is probably not going to be my last and if I am really honest with myself it has certainly not derailed my plans.

I was however pleased to get a nice easy 1 hour run in on Christmas Day afternoon and another 45 mins on Boxing Day morning. Both along Bournemouth seafront and one with some family members, which made it all the more enjoyable.

The intention was to complete a 45 mins brick session tonight. I almost talked myself out of it but seeing my training partner, neighbour and good friend (Chris) running around town it motivated me to get in done.

So despite a busy festive week I am pleased I still have some momentum to keep the training going, albeit mostly relatively easy and short sessions.


No comments:

Post a Comment