Saturday 3 December 2011

Next week: Week 1 - Base Training


OK... here we go!

Week 1 of the 30-week IronFit training program (courtesy of Don Fink, revised around my diary):

Mon - Rest / Preparation Day (good start!)

Tue - Club track run - coached (1 hour)

Wed - Club swim - coached (1.5 hours)

Thu - Brick session: 30 mins on turbo Z2 / 15 mins run Z2 (45 mins in total)

Fri - 45 min run Z2 and/or testing with Coach

Sat - Club swim - coached (1 hour)

Sun - Bike: 30 mins Z1 (100+ RPM) / 60 mins Z2 (1.5 hours in total)

Total for week 1: 2.5hr swim; 2 hr bike; 2 hr run - total of 6.5 hours

Don Fink's Competitive Program lists 6 hours (2/2/2 each discipline), however I am fitting my own training around current coached sessions.

The plan is to increase to 7.5 hours for week 2 and 8 to 8.5 hours for week 3. Fortunately my recovery week (4th week) falls on the Christmas period. If I stick to the Don Fink's Base plan my heaviest week will be 11 hours, which should not be too challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment