Friday 23 December 2011

The power of music when running

Yesterday morning I completed another run session. As like earlier sessions in the week the legs remained a little sore although the swim on Wednesday certainly helped to relieve some of the pain.

After 50 mins of relatively easy zone 2 running I decided to put on a couple of my favourite running tracks for the last 10 mins of training. I was amazed at the difference some music makes, my pace went from around 5:30 mins per km to nearer 4:45 mins, without much considerable change in my heart rate - result!

On this occasion the 2 tracks were:

1. Infinity 2008 (Klaas Vocal Edit) - Guru Josh Project
2. Mr Saxobeat - Alexandra Stan

I associate Infinity with Ironman and the triathlon sport in general, as I have heard it at a number of events. My favourite all-time You Tube video is Ironman Hawaii World Championship 2008 set to the Infinity them tune.

Please check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckFvoGRPiCU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Mr Saxobeat, a more recent edition, is simply a great upbeat tempo song and great for running.

No comments:

Post a Comment