Sunday 15 April 2012

Short on the volume

Yesterday started with a decent morning swim (1:00) and then later in the afternoon I was out on the Downs for a steady 2 hour off-road run, which I enjoyed. This morning I was on the TT bike for another 3 hour Z1-2 session, most of which was completed in the aero position.

So 6 hours in the last 2 days but still light on the total week, I think by about 3 hours (11 hours rather than the planned 14). The missed sessions including the 1:30 Club swim, a big gear set on the turbo and a strength session. In addition some of the sessions that I did do were cut a bit short.

The reason was simple - family and work commitments got in the way and I came up short this week. Tomorrow I am going to confess to the Coach - I doubt he will change my schedule to try and incorporate the missed sessions but I do expect him to encourage me to complete this week's test sets to the very best of my ability - more on that later.

With 11 weeks to go to the big event I cannot afford too many days when I go off plan or worse still simply ignore key sessions.

Onwards and upwards !

No comments:

Post a Comment