Monday 9 April 2012

Countdown - 12 weeks to go

Even the Coach is counting down the weeks when he enters my program on Training Peaks. This week starts with '12 weeks to IM Austria'.

I have just completed the 'Big Bike' week. I missed a couple of sessions but then extended a couple of the rides. All in all it was a 14 hour week with over 10 on the bike. None was full on time trial, high intensity or big gears - mostly quality time in the saddle focussing on good technique and keeping in Z1-2.

This week is more the standard plan with 1-2 sessions each day finishing at the weekend with the Club swim, long endurance run (1:50) and ride of 4 hours. I expect to have to miss the long Wednesday Club swim as I have a couple of relaxing days away with the other half, although I will be taking my running shoes and seeking out a few trails.

Another 14 hours plus in total. Then I think the Coach has planned a test week - shorter in duration but some key sessions to complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment