Tuesday 24 April 2012

Rain, rain go away!

Late night session in the 'Cave of Pain' yesterday - managed 1:10 on the turbo, which included 10x 2mins in Z4 with 2 mins recovery each set, mostly all in aero position. Then I jumped on the treadmill for 20 mins - rolling profile. Should have done a little more but started late and ran out of time.

The session was made a little easier because my 10 year old son was working out with me for the first 20-30 mins. He was wearing his compression top I bought him for rugby and was doing a basic circuit using the treadmill for up to 5 mins and then doing some sit-ups and push-ups in between - great to see. I also tried to add a bit of entertainment by watching the IM Austria 2006 DVD, which one of the guys from the Club kindly allowed me to borrow. It was in German (not sure if I can change the language settings) but still gave me a great feel for the race and route, which I understand will be very similar for this year.

After my workout last night I grabbed a protein shake and prepared all my gear for my easy morning ride and commute into work.

Unfortunately I woke up to very heavy rain and winds and my wife talked me out of using the bike. I am rather glad she did because conditions were awful. Near Shoreham a rather stupid lorry driver going way too fast hardly saw me in my Mini and nearly crashed into me so what chance would I have had on the bike.

I am hoping that under better conditions I may be able to extend my cycle tomorrow to get the miles in - let's hope the rain goes away!

No comments:

Post a Comment