Thursday 19 April 2012

In the 'Cave of Pain' for another 'Hurt Session'

More commitment...

In the 'Cave of Pain' for another 'Hurt Session'. This time on the turbo trainer for a 1 hour bike session consisting of a relatively hard warm up (20 mins), 5x 1 min hard / 1 min recovery, and then 30 mins tempo getting up to the top of zone 4. After the first 10 mins of the main set I was instructed to press the lap button and then record my average HR for the last 20 mins of work. I recorded a HR of 144bpm which was lower than the controlled VO2 test I did with the Coach when he calculated my LTHR at 150bpm. I was convinced I was working hard enough as over the whole hour session, including the warm up, I recorded an average speed of 36.7km/h and 250watts - not bad.

After doing the hour bike set I jumped off the turbo, quickly transitioned into my running shoes and got on the treadmill for a relatively steady run for 20 mins to complete the workout.

Quick shower, then bed.

Rest day tomorrow and I am going to take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment