Tuesday 29 November 2011

Podcasts - my top picks

On my commute home tonight I was wishing that I was able to listen to my favourite triathlon and motivational podcasts but personally I think it is simply just to dangerous. When you are commuting on busy roads in the dark against strong winds you cannot afford to lose your concentration for one minute.

On the run, normally away from heavy traffic, well that is another story. I love the time to plug myself into some great motivational content and the minutes and/or hours then fly by.

My favourites are as follows:

1. Zen and the Art of Triathlon
2. Fitness Behaviour
3. JBST Multisports
4. IM Talk
5. The Age Grouper
6. Ben Greenfield Fitness

They are all quite different - for example JBST Multisports and Ben Greenfield Fitness are generally the most technical. IM Talk spends more time analysing races and top triathletes. The Age Grouper and Zen and the Art of Triathlon follow individual(s) as they train but also has some excellent interviews with the top people involved in the sport. Fitness Behaviour is less about triathlons but more about the best behaviour for successful sportspeople (provides great life skills). It does help if you relate to the speakers and for that main reason my 2 top picks are Zen and the Art of Triathlon and Fitness Behaviour.

All can be downloaded free from iTunes. So check them out then get your headphones on and go running!

No comments:

Post a Comment