Friday 25 November 2011

Garmin failure

Managed to get out for a lunchtime run, which is unusual for me. I often bring my running kit to work with all the best intentions but work always seems to get in the way (or I find a very good excuse!)

Actually I am sure that the difference today was the little trick I highlighted in my last post - no blog until I have done some training. So with the words of my coach and Nike in the back of the mind - Just Do It - out I went.

Once you are out the door it is always easier. Today it was simply about good technique, nice and easy. I have been often criticised for a bit of a 'girly' arm action so my main focus was correcting that. All went to plan, however my Garmin 305 was struggling today, in fact it never even got going - I suppose it is getting 'old' (3 years+) and finding a satellite is always a bit of an effort. Finally after 15 minutes it did actually sort itself out, however then it displayed 'lap memory full' and refused to record any data. I need to download the last few days of training to Garmin Connect and then clear down the watch's memory. I would really like the new Garmin 910xt (http://sites.garmin.com/forerunner910xt/) but a little expensive at the moment - one day!

Anyway, I reckon I got at least a 30-35 min run and about 6km in the bank. Tomorrow morning is the Club swim. The plan for Sunday is some longer training, hopefully on the bike.

Looking at a shiny new Specialized Langster fixed / singlespeed bike for training and commuting - Interesting! More on bikes later.

No comments:

Post a Comment