Sunday 8 July 2012

What's next

This morning and a week after my Ironman challenge I was back on the bike. This time up on the South Downs getting wet and extremely muddy enjoying an easy 2 hour mountain bike ride. In addition to approx. 1 hour of swimming that makes a total of 3 for my first recovery week.

Next week is a little more back to normal and Coach MT has me down for 12 hours.

My focus for the next month or so and thinking about my 'B' race is getting back to fitness for something a little different - an Xterra event where I will be on the mountain bike and running off-road.

The event I have my name down for is the Vachery XTri on Sunday 26th August consisting of the following:

1,500m swim
30km bike
10km run

Looks a great local venue - still lots of places. Details can be found via the following link:

http://www.vacherytriathlon.com/

Coach MT has me down for the following sessions this week:

Mon - strength 0:45; swim - 1:00 (optional)
Tue - run: intervals 0:40
Wed - bike: cadence focus 1:30; club swim 1:30
Thu - strength 0:45; run: easy 0:30
Fri - bike: easy 1:00
Sat - club swim 1:00; run: off-road 1:00
Sun - bike: MTB 2:00

No comments:

Post a Comment