Sunday 15 July 2012

Final Chapter

It is Sunday morning and I hope to get out on the bike later (not sure if MTB or road). Despite the awful weather I enjoyed a 40 min (wet) run yesterday. Also got a swim at the Club Saturday morning - quite a tough session - can't be back to full fitness yet because I was struggling at the end. Nice to see all the guys and girls afterwards for a coffee and a catch up.

So even though the volume has been drastically reduced I am still very much in to the sport of triathlon and thinking of the next goal(s), albeit it might not be an Ironman (well not straight away!) As previously highlighted I need to balance my sporting ambitions with a few other goals at work and home.

Some of my mates at the Club are already talking about the next one - Switzerland, Lanzarote even Norway (I think that is a new Ironman event). They are adding new events all the time so despite being popular there should be plenty of opportunity to get involved in the future. But for me, no decision at the moment - I need some time to simply re-set the balance.

So for the time being this will be my last post and the end of my (first) Ironman journey. I have enjoyed recording all the 'highs and lows' and been very grateful for all the positive feedback that I have received from followers of the blog. Please leave a comment on this post if you would like to hear more. My training will continue so there is always something to blog about.

But for the time being this particular chapter of my life must come to a close. I am proud of what I have achieved and am glad I finally got to hear those important words...

'David Pegler, you are an Ironman'

No comments:

Post a Comment