Monday 9 July 2012

Don't tell my Mum

I decided not to buy any Ironman memorabilia at the Expo before the event as I didn't wish to jinx my race. However, when I returned to the Expo afterwards there was very little stuff left - everyone else must have had the same idea.

Not to worry - I still got my finisher's shirt and Ironman medal.

Back in the UK I had a crazy moment and decided to get the ultimate memorabilia item that I could keep for the rest of my life - the Ironman tattoo.

When I mentioned it to my wife and children they were quite keen and supportive of the idea. So I went ahead with a small tattoo on the back of my left leg, just above my ankle and easily covered up by a sock, if needed.

Although it hurt a little (not as much as the marathon) I am pleased with the results and have already had lots of positive comments.

Just don't tell my Mum - she will kill me!

No comments:

Post a Comment